So, our team was talking the other day about how we can add more value to our seller & buyer clients as they prepare for the purchase or sale of their home, coop, or condo. As we were talking about this topic, we just remembered how different the process and properties are here in Queens, and as a result, we came up with a list of the best apps & websites that consumers can use when buying or selling real estate in Queens. So, below is a list that we compiled after our discussion, we hope that you find it helpful:)
1. NYC Department of Buildings – http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/home/home.shtml
- The Dept of Buildings website gives you great public information about any building in NYC.
2. Property Shark – http://www.propertyshark.com/mason/ny/New-York-City/Property-Search
- Find out everything about Queens real estate with PropertyShark.com: detailed property information, foreclosures, ownership search, comparables and property values.
3. StreetEasy – http://streeteasy.com/
- StreetEasy is a great website for Queens real estate, but especially great for Coop and Condo buyers.
4. Exclusive Queens Homes – http://www.exclusivequeenshomes.com
- A great website that is designed specifically for Queens home buyers. No
5. HopStop – https://www.hopstop.com/
- A great website or tool for finding out what the commute will be like from a property or apt that you may purchase. HopStop also allows you to see nearby transportation on their mobile app.
6. Building Violation Information and Status – http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1279/building-violation-information-and-status or App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id589095573
- If you’re buying a residential property, then this will be helpful for you because you can see if there are any violations on a property that you are considering.
7. NYC Zoning Information – http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/subcats/zoning.shtml
- When buying Residential properties, zoning is important because it will tell you what you can and cannot do with the property.
8. Queens Brownstoner – http://queens.brownstoner.com/
- Queens Brownstoner is a great website that keeps you up to date with real estate happenings all around Queens.
9. Queens Home Improvement Guide – http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1840/home-improvement-guide
10. Community Portal – http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/neigh_info/nhmap.shtml
- Access to data by community district, maps, population, land use facts, and planning resources.
11. Geographic Online Address Translator (GOAT) – http://a030-goat.nyc.gov/goat/Default.aspx
- Want to know what your police precinct, school or community district is? Visit City Planning’s GOAT!
12. NYC Dept of Education – http://schools.nyc.gov/default.htm
- The Department of Education operates the public schools in New York City and is the largest system of schools in the United States.
13. HomeFirst Down Payment Assistance Program – http://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/owners/homeowner-downpayment-assistance.page
- As a homebuyer, see if you qualify to receive up to $15,000 toward a down payment or closing costs.
15. NYC Dept of Finance (Property) – http://www1.nyc.gov/site/finance/taxes/property.page
- Finance assesses the value of all New York City properties, collects property taxes and other property-related charges, maintains property records, administers exemption and abatements and collects unpaid property taxes and other property-related charges through annual lien sales.
15. Queens Home Selling – http://www.queenshomeselling.com
- A great website where you can find a wealth of information for planning, preparing, and selling your property.
16. MLSLI – http://www.mlsli.com
- This website is the official website for the Queens/Long Island MLS, and being that in Queens we have 1, 2, 3 family, and Coop vs Condo, this is one of the only websites online that actually differentiate between all of the different property types in Queens.
17. GeoData Plus – http://www.geodataplus.com/
- This site is a data source used by thousands of real estate professionals and although it is a paid service, you can do a 30 day free trial to use it for a short time period.